KELLI J. EDWARDS, MA, CMC
Advance Practice Geriatric Care Manager
Kelli Edwards is a certified Care Manager since 1999, and brings more than 25 years of experience in the aging, mental health and disability fields. For the past 7 1/2 years she has been an advanced practice care manager with Chart Your Own Course, Ltd. Co. Prior to this, Kelli owned her own care management company for eight years. Her leadership in these positions along with serving on the Florida Geriatric Care Management board, Chairing the Committee on Aging for the City of Dunedin, Co-Chairing multiple conferences for her professional association, and serving as an Elder in her church, has helped her to grow as a leader in her local community and the State. Kelli has also worked as a Medicare Home Care Social Worker, a Social Service Director of a 120 bed Skilled Nursing facility and a mental health worker for the Children’s Mental Health Unit at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida. Kelli, as well as all of our team, has an exceptional background with varied experiences.
Kelli received the 2008 FGCMA Outstanding Chapter Member award and is a current advisor to the board. Her work with the Dunedin Committee on Aging aided the city in becoming the first designated “Elder Ready City” in the State.
Kelli received her AA/AS Degree from St. Petersburg College in Human Services, with honors, her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Florida and her Masters Degree in Activity Therapy, with an emphasis on special populations. She completed her internship at Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. It is her passion to advocate for those in need that keeps Kelli committed to her profession and as a civic leader in her community.
Kelli’s in-depth experience with elder care is supported by her credentials:
- Associates Degree (AA/AS) in Human Service Program at St. Petersburg College
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) in Psychology from the University of Florida
- Masters of Science Degree (MS) in Recreational Studies from University of Florida with an internship at Emory University
- Care Manager Certification (CMC) since 1999
- Member of NAPGCM, the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers since 1998
- Member of FGCMA, the Florida Geriatric Care Managers Association; board member, conference Co-chair for 4 years Unit coordinator, Advisor and “official” photographer
- Recipient of the “Outstanding Member of FGCMA” award in 2008
- Chair of the Dunedin, Florida Committee on Aging. Now Member Emeritus.
- Member of the Dunedin Boat Club
Email Kelli Edwards at email@example.com or call her at 727.842.3344.